Friday, October 7, 2011

Tasty Beef in the Crock Pot



You know that my crock pot is my best friend. It's so convenient, so easy to use and has saved me money, time and my sanity many a time. This dish is a staple in my house because it can be varied to whatever you have in the house. Normally it calls for celery, mushrooms, beef, tomatoes, 2 cans of soup, salt and pepper. But today, I made a couple changes based on what I had. Our CSA box sent us turnips and we're not huge turnip fans (I forgot to change them out in order to not receive them), but slow cooked in a delightful sauce, and I think even my mother, who really does not like turnips, might have gobbled these beauties up. Try this recipe out and modify it for what you have in the pantry and fridge. It's bound to be D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

Tasty Beef in the Crock Pot
Ingredients:
1 lb of stew meat
4 medium turnips
1 can Campbell's French Onion soup
1 can Campbell's Cream of Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
1 onion, sliced thinly

1. Put all the ingredients in the crock pot. Mix thoroughly.
2. Turn on low for 8-10 hours (or 6-8 if your crock pot cooks quickly).
3. Serve over hot, buttered noodles.

I actually served mine over lentils and rice - I've posted the recipe for this on a prior blog posting. Click HERE to see it. It was a great warming meal on a rainy, cool Washington evening and packed FULL of fiber, protein and LOVE. Awwww...

1 comment:

  1. ╚ Yep, chop 'n change cookery at its finest. ╝

    ReplyDelete