Saturday, August 27, 2011

Apricot Jam


We got apricots in our weekly CSA box this week. While I love the flavor of apricots, I can't bring myself to just eat them plain as a fruit. I know, what's wrong with me? But, I do LOVE apricot jam (who doesn't?), and I have numerous recipes that call for it, not to mention just eating it alone on some warm bread conjures up all sorts of good feelings for me.

I searched around for a good apricot jam recipe and landed (once again) on David Lebovitz' blog. I told you about him in a previous post - his site is gorgeous and he always has something amazing cooking. His recipe for apricot jam struck a chord with me, so I tried it. *I didn't use Kirsch, as he does, but instead put in a tsp of almond extract (yum).

Rather than detail what I did, I'll leave it to the professionals and give you the link to his blog, pictures and all. Check it out and put some apricot jam (or preserves) up soon. DELIGHTFUL.

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2009/08/apricot-jam/

No comments:

Post a Comment