Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken, Corn and Black Bean Salad

My friend, Brita made me the most wonderful salad the other day when I went over to her house. I begged for the recipe and being the generous friend that she is, she handed it right over! I made it last night for dinner, with my own little twist and it was yummers!

You could do this same salad with pinto beans, white beans or even navy beans. I suppose you could use kidney beans, but I just can't stand the little suckers.

CHICKEN, CORN, BLACK BEAN SALAD
Ingredients:
1 lb. cooked chicken breast – cut into pieces
1 c. canned black beans (rinsed)
15 oz. corn
1 tomato, diced
1 onion, chopped
11 - 15 oz. pineapple salsa (she used mango salsa, which was better, but I didn't have any)
1/3 c. white wine vinegar
2 TBSP. parsley (calls for cilantro but I was out!)
12 baked tortilla chips, crumbled over the top - I used homemade garlic pita chips instead

1. Mix all of this together and serve! It's quick, light, fresh and PERFECT for a warm day! Thanks, Brita!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment