Friday, January 22, 2016

Chicken Coconut Meatballs

I saw a variation of these meatballs in a cookbook I've been using to eliminate sugar from my diet. The original recipe had curry powder in these, which, if you like curry powder, would be lovely. I do not, so I opted to leave the curry powder out. But these were just delicious, hearty and very filling. I served them over brown rice with some roasted broccoli on the side. Yum.

Chicken Coconut Meatballs

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken (I used thighs, but a combo of breasts and thighs would be great)
1 carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
handful of cilantro leaves
coconut oil

1. Put everything, except the oil, into a food processor and blend until smooth.

2. Using your hands, form 24 small balls (or 12 larger ones).

3. Heat several tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. When it is hot enough that a meatball sizzles as soon as it hits the pan, put the meatballs in. Cook in batches.

4. Cook for 2 minutes, then roll the meatballs over and cook for 5 more minutes. (Cook time will be longer if you do larger meatballs.) Put a lid on the pan and cook for another 6-8 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment