Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Asiago Cheese Rolls (quick rise)

Y'all, we love bread in this house. I don't mean some namby, pamby, I-like-you-and-you-like-me relationship. We have some serious feelings for bread up in this house. And you know how I feel about homemade bread, and could they just already make a candle that smells like yeasty bread rising? I mean, I'd buy them out. So, when I saw this recipe for 30-minute Asiago cheese rolls, I just about died. I was already making Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup, so these rolls were the perfect complement. They were SO easy to make, and even easier to eat, if you know what I mean! My boys used the leftovers to make little sandwiches for their lunches the next day. Thank you, THE RECIPE CRITIC, for this recipe. Genius. I used Parmesan cheese, because I didn't have Asiago on hand, but let's just be real for a minute ... these rolls would work well with Cheddar, Provolone, Pepper Jack, Gruyere, Swiss ... I could go on for days. But instead, I'll just share the recipe. See the original on The Recipe Critic - you'll love her blog.

Asiago Cheese Rolls (quick rise)
Ingredients:

Dough Ingredients:
1 & 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast (I used active dry yeast)
3 & 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp Salt

Egg Wash Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
4 oz Asiago Cheese, shredded (I used Parmesan cheese)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degree and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat or other silicone baking sheet.

2. To make the dough: Mix warm water, sugar and yeast together. Let that sit for 5 minutes.

3. Add flour and salt to the water, sugar, and yeast. Mix this until smooth and let it raise for 10 minutes. I used my Kitchenaid mixer with the paddle attachment (though you could easily use the bread dough hook).

4. Divide the dough into 12 sections. Roll each section into a ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Let rest for 10 minutes.

5. Whisk the egg and the milk in a small bowl. Brush on the top of each roll with the egg wash. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

THAT'S IT! Seriously. Heavenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment