Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Reader Columnist for the News Tribune

A couple months ago, my friend Brita, saw an article in the Tacoma News Tribune announcing the search for new reader columnists from the community to contribute editorial articles for 2015. She promptly emailed me and said I should apply. The columns are supposed to be 500-700 words and should not be political in nature, but should be more about life as I observe or participate in it. It intrigued me, so I wrote two sample columns and a cover letter, in which I quoted Oscar Wilde twice (because how can you go wrong with a little Irish Wilde?), and hit send via email. A couple weeks later, to my surprise and delight, I was notified that I was one of the six people chosen for 2015! My articles will be published in print and on line and will run every six weeks from January 2015 to January 2016.

My first article was published last Monday. You can read it here: There's something special about hugs from a teenager.

I will post links to all of the articles as they are published.

No comments:

Post a Comment