simplegreensmoothies.com, which I would highly recommend if you're looking for AMAZING green smoothie recipes. Today, I made my own version of a green smoothie, and it's so delicious, I had to share. If you are doubtful at all about green smoothies, try this recipe...it's so good!!! This makes two smoothies.
Chocolate Cherry Coconut Green Smoothie
2 cups spinach
2 cups coconut water
2 tbs unsweetened coconut
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups organic cherries (frozen)
1. In the blender, add the spinach and coconut water. Blend for 2 minutes.
2. Add the remaining ingredients (you can add protein powder, like we do after a workout) and blend for two more minutes.
1. Always blend your greens and liquid first before adding the fruit. Blend for at least two minutes.
2. Use some frozen fruit (in this case, either the banana or the cherries, or both!) to eliminate the need for ice. This makes the smoothie viscous and smooth.
3. Mix it up! If you don't like cherries, try mangoes or pineapple. Yum!