Thursday, August 22, 2013

More veggies

As I mentioned in a previous post, we are trying to add more veggies into our diet. Many people think veggies are boring, but I think they are tasty, vibrant and exciting, and the more I eat them, the better they taste. Oddly enough (or not so oddly, as I'm finding out), the less sugar I eat, the better and more flavorful those vegetables are.

These are a couple pictures of my lunches the last couple of days. The first is crock pot refried black beans (recipe to come) that are made with no oil or butter and are delicious, whole wheat tortillas and a salad. The next day was a spinach and cabbage salad with fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes and falafels with a zucchini, potato and onion tian on the side. Pair these meals with fruit, and you'll feel satisfied and like you've had a delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment