Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lime-Jalapeno Marinade



I like a good marinade when I'm looking to add flavor to meat. I had a skirt steak thawing in the fridge the other day and remembered this recipe sitting in my box that I cut out of some food magazine a while back. I quickly pulled together the ingredients, added my steak and gave it a 24-hour bath. It doesn't look too appetizing while marinading, but after 24 hours, I threw it on the grill, cooked it until about medium, let rest for 10 minutes, cut into slices and put into corn tortillas with cilantro, cotija cheese, Houston-Style Green Salsa, Pico de Gallo and voila! A delicious meal!

Lime-Jalapeno Marinade
Ingredients:
1/2 cup red currant jelly, warmed
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped, seeded jalapeno
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp allspice, ground

1. Combine ingredients in a zip-top bag and mix thoroughly.

2. Add meat. Mix well to ensure all meat is covered.

3. Refrigerate from 15 minutes to 24 hours.

4. Prepare meat as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment