Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Balsamic-Glazed Sweet Potatoes



Andy and I really like sweet potatoes, unfortunately, our kiddos aren't fans. That makes it easy when I'm cooking them, because Andy likes almost everything I like. I saw this recipe for Balsamic-Glazed Sweet Potatoes in the Cuisine at Home issue for December. The recipe calls for Blue Cheese or Gorganzola, but I wanted something a bit lighter, so I opted for feta. Yum.

Balsamic-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Ingredients:
2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into wedges
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbs brown sugar
2 oz. toasted walnut halves
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet. Put the oil, vinegar and brown sugar in a measuring cup and mix well. Pour over the sweet potatoes and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

2. Cook for 20-30 minutes (depending on how thick your wedges are), turning 1/2 way through the cooking time.

3. Garnish with walnuts and cheese.

Yum! This was my dinner tonight. It was filling and delicious.

1 comment: