Monday, November 28, 2011

Marathon Training Progress

Thought I'd give a quick update on how the training for the marathon is going. All in all, it's going pretty well. I've decided to train for it as if I'm running the entire thing. I'm not opposed to taking a walk break or two if I need it, but for now, while I'm at the low mileage, I'm running through all my training runs. This weekend, I was due to run 7.5 miles, but I needed a change. Andy and I headed down to a local trail and ran 8.32 miles. I ran the whole thing, which was awesome for me, because it's the most I've ever run straight through at one time (because I ran/walked the 1/2 marathon). I felt pretty good most of the way through. My next long mileage is 9 miles, which should be pretty easy considering I completed the 8.32 this weekend.

We had a nice day for running. It was definitely overcast, but the rain never came out and the sun poked his head out near the end and gave us a nice smile.

Meanwhile, the weight loss continues! This last couple of pounds seems to have made a noticeable difference in my face (I didn't notice) as everyone keeps saying something to me about it - which is great! Still pressing on - hoping to reach that 100 lb mark before the end of the year. We'll see.

In the meantime, I'll keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment