Monday, November 7, 2011

Chewy Cornmeal Rolls Part 2

Okay, so my family so loved those rolls, that all 36 of them disappeared between Friday night and Monday morning. CAAARRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY!!! So, I made another batch of them tonight when I got home from work. But this time, I made two little changes.

1. I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 5 cups of AP flour. If this works out, I'll be upping that quantity to at least 2 cups and then we'll go from there. I don't want them to be too dense, but I would love a more whole wheat type of roll.

2. When I mixed all the dough together, I did it in my Kitchen Aid with the dough hook. It worked great and it doesn't seem to have overmixed the dough. When it was mixed, I took it out, did a quick few kneads on the counter with a little bit of flour, and into the bowl it went!

**11/08/11 Update: These turned out wonderfully! Just as good as the first batch! Next time, I'm sneaking in another cup of whole wheat flour! The Kitchen Aid did a bang up job mixing and my hands stayed almost dough-free! **

No comments:

Post a Comment