Monday, October 31, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas



Tonight is Halloween - my least favorite "holiday" of the year. I'm not into it. Never have been. We don't trick or treat, we don't hand out candy (I know, I'm a big meanie), and we don't typically dress up (Andy and the boys will occasionally). But, we do have some friends who throw a mean Halloween party with games, food and friends. For that reason only, I look forward to Halloween night!

We're supposed to bring appetizers or food to snack on, and this year I made two different snacks. The first is Roasted Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans. I've seen these in like three different food magazines in the last month, and I've been wanting to try them, so I made them today for the party. I wish I hadn't waited so long! These are fantastic -- crunchy, spicy, totally addicting -- and I will be making these many, many more times. Besides that, they are SUPER easy to make. This recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.

Roasted Chickpeas
Ingredients:
2 cans garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and thoroughly dried
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tsp BBQ seasoning or rub (you can use any kind of spices you like)
Salt

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. On a large sheet pan, mix the olive oil and BBQ seasoning with the chickpeas. Make sure each one is evenly coated.

3. Roast for 35 minutes. When they come out, sprinkle a small amount of salt over the beans and shake pan to coat each bean.

4. Let cool completely and then put in an airtight storage container...if they LAST that long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment