Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One more use for thinly sliced steak...


I have sung the praises of thinly sliced steaks on this blog a couple of different times. They are cheap, cook up quick and thaw faster than most meat. Tonight, I found yet another quick use for the steak: fajitas!!!

I took the steaks out of the package, put them on a cutting board and pounded them out until they were even thinner! Then I took a small paring knife and cut the meat into strips. I seasoned with fajita seasoning and put in the fridge for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, I cut up a large, sweet onion and slowly cooked it on the stove until the onion caramelized. Then I heated up a grill pan on the stove to pretty high heat, and cooked the meat in two batches. It cooks up super quick, like 1-2 minutes each side. When all the meat was cooked, I added a little water to the bottom to de-glaze the seasoning and brown bits that collected on the bottom and stirred it around until all the meat was coated. At the last minute, I added the onions into the meat and stirred it around. The end result is tender, juicy, perfectly seasoned fajita meat with sweet caramelized onions! Add a little cheese, avocado, corn salsa on a whole wheat tortilla and you have one delicious meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment