Monday, June 6, 2011

BBQ Pork



I have a guilty pleasure...maybe you've heard of it...around here it's just known as Triple D...or Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, a fun show on The Food Network, hosted by the wild and crazy Guy Fieri, a previous winner of The Next Food Network Star. I have to say, if I was a man, I'd want to be Guy. The dude is crazy, but totally fun. He gets to drive around the country, eat some delicious looking food, and make corny, silly sayings like "winner, winner, chicken dinner" and other crazy phraseology. He has bizarre, spiky bleach blonde hair, he constantly wears a sweatband on his arm and wears Bermuda shorts in like 2 degree weather, and he gets to drive a rockin Camaro around the country. Hook me up!

Anyhow, the last few shows have been a rash of BBQ, all over the country. From Connecticut (??? really ???) to New Orleans to Mississippi and to my beloved Texas, Guy has tasted brisket, ribs, sausage, shredded beef, smoked chicken, baked beans, coleslaw, macaroni salad and so much more. Now, the Pacific Northwest (PNW) has some decent BBQ places up here for Yankees, but I grew up in Texas where BBQ is our middle name! So, I knew I had to do something. I still had several lbs of country style pork ribs in the freezer, so we pulled those out, defrosted them and went to town. These particular ones came pre-seasoned (most butchers have seasoning behind the meat counter and will season your meat for you if you ask), so I didn't have to mess with the seasoning. This is all I did.

Karin's Slow-Roasted Country Style Pork Ribs
Ingredients:

9 large boneless (you could use bone-in) country style pork ribs, pre-seasoned**
Drizzle of olive oil
BBQ Sauce of your choice

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. (Low and slow baby! - I'm channeling Guy, can you tell?)

2. Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil. Lay the ribs in the dish.

3. Drizzle with a little olive oil and pat in.

4. Cover pan with more aluminum foil.

5. Cook for 4.5 - 5 hours.

6. When they come out, they are super tender and if you used bone-in, you'll see how they just fall right off the bone. Using two forks, just shred the meat. Add BBQ sauce if you like it saucy (like me!!), or eat dry.

**If you get unseasoned ribs, season them with your favorite rub or seasoning (Lawry's, Johnny's, homemade) and then drizzle lightly with the olive oil and pat in.**

I served mine with corn on the cob, blanches asparagus and macaroni and cheese.





YUM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment