Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Treadmill runners

Those of you out there who run on your treadmill - I salute you. Seriously...the weather here has been crazy this week with high winds, cold breezes and plenty of showers. I don't mind running outside in a light drizzle, but the showers we've been having have kept me indoors. I had to run on my treadmill today and it was only a 5 minute warm-up (walking), 5 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 8 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 5 minute cool down (walking), but oh nelly! It was like 20 times harder than running outside in my neighborhood for 20 minutes straight (which is what I did on Saturday), going up and down the small hills in my cul-de-sac. It must be mental - I'm sure it is, but you treadmill runners - you're amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment