Saturday, January 29, 2011

Still working out...


Just a quick post to say that in spite of the rainiest of rainy days today, I'm still working out (Jillian's 30 Day Shred rocks!!) and trying to stay with my Couch to 5K (C25K) training, even though this week knocked me on my butt!

Andy and I ran a 5K last Saturday...my very first...and I ran/walked a respectable 40:08 (10 minutes after my hubby). I was shocked at how much I ran - more than I've ever run when not playing some sort of sports. I am an athlete, not a runner. I played volleyball, basketball and tennis. I even did hurdles for a while. But running for the sake of running is mind-boggling to me, yet, I want to do it because I know I can. My best friend Brita and I are registered to walk/run the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon on June 25 and I'm looking forward to it and am terrified at the same time! I still have quite a bit of weight to lose, despite my 50 lb. drop this last year, but slow and steady wins the race, so I'll keep plugging away, despite the rain...

The book pictured above is on my wishlist at Amazon and I hope to get it soon. Looks to be right up my alley!!! I know that a lot of my running time is spent praying - only most of it comes out as, "Please God, make this stop!!" :) All kidding aside, this book is a great reminder that God speaks to us in all aspects of our lives, not just when we are in church, knelt down in front of the bed, or before a meal (though he certainly can speak to us there, too)! I want my life to be a constant conversation with God and running seems like a perfect time when I'm alone with Him and can really let loose. I'll let you know how it is when I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment