Friday, July 23, 2010

Exercising with the one you love



So we all know I love tennis. And we all know I love Andy, my husband. What could be better than joining the two? And fortunately, I have a husband who is all about playing tennis with me, even if I do beat him 99 out of a 100 times. He smiles, works hard and has a ball! Today, he had the day off and when I got home from work at 2:30, our boys were on a field trip at summer camp and wouldn't be back until 4:30, so we grabbed my racquets and headed down to my old alma matter and to the newly refurbished courts.

It was a lovely 79 degrees with a slight breeze a blowing. We warmed up for a few minutes and off we went! One hour later, I'd taken the match at 6-2, 6-0. My body bugg told me I'd burned 611 calories! Whew! That's one great workout and I felt like I could go another hour or two. Andy looked a little worse for wear so we headed over to pick up the boys. (Truth be told, he could've gone another hour or two also. He actually gets better the longer we play! That's why I have to beat him early!!)

It was a lovely afternoon getting sweaty and tired, playing the sport I love with the man I love.

1 comment: