Monday, June 21, 2010

Black bean and corn salsa



We had a Father's Day BBQ yesterday with some friends (yes, in the rain), and I wanted to bring something that would be easy to eat, tasty and good for you! So I whipped up a batch of black bean and corn salsa. I've made numerous versions of this, but I finally came up with one that I like the best and it was a big hit at the party. I'm thinking of making this, jarring it and handing it out for Christmas presents this year!

Karin's Black Bean and Corn Salsa

2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can corn (drained)
2 cans diced tomatoes and chiles (you can find these next to the canned tomatoes or in the international food aisle in your grocery store)
1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and the membrane removed), chopped finely
1 red onion(finely diced)
1 bunch cilantro (finely chopped)
Juice of 2 limes (3, if you're not getting enough juice)
Cumin (around 1 & 1/2 tbs)
Coarse sea salt (to taste)

Mix all the ingredients together. Cover and let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.

I served this with homemade garlic pita chips, courtesy of Jillian Michael's recipe from Master Your Metabolism, and Mission Tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment