Lil Luna's blog, and it was really delicious, although it did take quite a bit of time to fry up all the chicken, so give yourself a bit of time on this one, but, trust me, it's worth it!
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 - 3/4 cup oil (I used a mixture of sunflower and grapeseed oil)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
For the lemon glaze
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp ground lemon pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1. Make your glaze. In a medium pan, over medium heat, combine honey, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, lemon pepper and minced garlic. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 10-12 minutes, should be slightly thickened.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 cup oil over medium high heat.
3. Place flour in a Ziploc bag and pour milk into a small bowl. Add 8-10 pieces of chicken to your bag of flour and shake around. Take each piece out and dip in milk and throw back into the flour bag. Shake around and take the chicken out. Repeat until all chicken is coated in flour and milk.
4. Fry chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Toss chicken in your glaze mixture and serve warm over rice.