Sunday, May 31, 2015

One-Pot Taco Casserole

We make a lot of pulled pork. And while we absolutely love it, I tend to make a lot ... more than my family can eat. So, when I saw a recipe for a one-pot taco casserole, I thought I could modify it to make use of leftover pulled pork, and make a delicious and satisfying Mexican-style meal in the process. This was a hit! It was super easy, and we ate it with tortilla chips like it was nachos. But you could serve it with tortillas or taco shells. Next time, I'll make sure I have sour cream and guacamole on hand. And there will be a next time! Delicious!

One-pot taco casserole
Ingredients:
2 lbs pulled pork (already cooked)
2 cups frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 small onion sliced or diced
1.5 cups salsa
1 pkg taco seasoning (I made my own and used THIS recipe)
Queso fresco or cotija cheese (or shredded cheddar or jack cheeses)
Cilantro (garnish)
Guacamole (optional)
Sour Cream (optional)

1. Heat the oven to 475.

2. Put the pork, onions, and salsa in a large bowl. Mix well.

3. Add the corn, beans and taco seasoning. Mix well.

4. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish.

5. Cook for 25 minutes.

6. Remove and add cheese on top. (I used queso fresco.)

7. Cook for 15 more minutes. Broil for 3-4 minutes at the end for crispy edges.

8. Garnish with cilantro, guacamole, and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips, tortillas, or taco shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment