Saturday, November 15, 2014

Wilted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette

I love Brussels sprouts, and I know that not everyone does, but I saw this recipe and decided I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving this year. I thought I'd test it out beforehand to see if it was worth making. And yes, yes it is. This salad is delicious! I'm thinking of adding some chopped hazelnuts with it at Thanksgiving, just to add some crunch, but it really doesn't need it, because this salad is just tasty as is. The recipe came from my November/December edition of Cuisine at Home.

Wilted Brussels Sprouts Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Ingredients:
1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts, end trimmed
8 oz. thick-sliced bacon, diced
1/4 cup diced shallots
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 tbs. light brown sugar
1 tbs. stone-ground mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Shred Brussels sprouts in a food processor using a slicing blade.

2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Drain all but 2 tbs. drippings.

3. Add shallots to skillet; cook over medium heat, 2 minutes. Deglaze skillet with vinegar, and whisk in brown sugar and mustard; season with salt and pepper. Add Brussels sprouts and bacon. Toss to wilt sprouts, 2-3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment