Thursday, June 26, 2014
11 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2.5 cups flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 regular sized Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
32 cinnamon graham cracker squares (I used Trader Joe's)
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
2 In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with white and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine on low speed.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Chill dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper.
5. Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pans as close as possible (they should be touching).
6. Place tablespoons of dough (try not to eat all the dough!!) on graham crackers about 1 – 1.5 inches apart. Press down slightly with fingertips.
7. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. You can place as many pieces or as little as you want depending how much chocolate flavor you want.
8. Bake for an additional 5 – 7 minutes or more if your cookies are thicker. They will be done when the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. For clean cutting make sure cookies are completely cool and cut with a sharp knife.