Saturday, March 8, 2014

Amaretto Cream Sauce

My friend Tori told me about a whiskey cream sauce that she made the other day to go over an apple crisp. Um...yum! I made my pear and apple crisp today because it's a cold, wet day outside, and I wanted something warm and comforting. I got out the whiskey to make a cream sauce when the amaretto caught my eye. I do love whiskey, but amaretto draws me in every time! I couldn't resist. I pulled it out instead, and I'm so glad I did. The resulting cream sauce was absolutely decadent and delightful! Creamy, sweet, silky, velvety soft, this sauce just soaked into the ice cream and the crisp and highlighted all the wonderful warmth of the crisp and the sweetness of the fruit and sugar. This sauce would be great over just ice cream, bread pudding, croissants...just about anything. And it's super simple to whip up.

Amaretto Cream Sauce
Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
3 tbs maple syrup (real thing, please)
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs amaretto liquor

1. Combine all ingredients in a pan on the stove. Bring to a boil - be careful...this will bubble over.

2. Turn the heat down to about medium and whisk regularly. Cook for 10-15 minutes. It will begin to reduce.

3. Pour over crisp and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment