Saturday, February 22, 2014

Honey Mustard Chicken

Long time, no see! It's been a crazy month here. I just got back from eight days of vacation in the warm sun! Woohoo! We had a great time, but now, we're trying to get back into the swing of things with work and laundry and the million other things that come with daily life. We spent all day at Micah's solo and ensemble performance where he did really well and had a lot of fun. However, all the waiting around for scores throughout the day caused us to eat out (donuts and hamburgers...not the most nutritious of meals, I know). So tonight, I wanted a little home cooking that would fill our bellies and make us feel good. My friend Tori passed along this recipe a while back, and I've been dying to try it. I changed it up a bit, using orange slices instead of lemon, and I think that substitution really added some dynamic flavor to this chicken. If you're nervous about the curry powder like I was (actually, that was the whole reason Tori gave me this recipe, because I said I didn't like curry powder, and she told me I would like it in this recipe - darn that Tori, she was right!), it is really delicious in this recipe, and that strong flavor is masked by the other flavors, but you still feel the warmth from the curry.

Honey Mustard Chicken
Ingredients:

5 chicken breasts (I pounded mine out)
1 tsp paprika
8 thin orange slices
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2-3 tbs dried onion
1-2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp curry powder

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Arrange chicken breasts in foil-lined 9x13 inch pan.

3. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and lay orange slices on top. Bake for 30 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes and set aside.

5. After chicken has cooked 30 minutes, drain juices. Spoon sauce over chicken and bake 10-15 minutes more until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment