Friday, December 27, 2013

Homemade Onion Soup Mix Dip

I love the traditional onion soup mix dip used with chips and veggies; unfortunately, it's got a ton of processed ingredients in the soup mix you buy at the store, so I thought I'd make my own. I found a recipe online, tweaked it a bit and now, this is the only way I make my onion soup mix dip anymore. It's delicious and is oft requested for football games, game nights and the like.

Onion Soup Mix Dip
Ingredients:
3/4 cup instant minced onion
1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
4 teaspoons onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed celery seed
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 16oz. container of Daisy sour cream (or any other brand that contains only one ingredient)

1. Combine all ingredients in a Ziploc bag. Mix well.

2. Use 2 - 2.5 tbs. of the mix and mix into the sour cream. Stir well.

No comments:

Post a Comment