Saturday, September 7, 2013

Steak Marinade

Marinades rock. Adding even more flavor to an already flavorful cut of beef is like putting frosting on a cupcake. Yum. I had a beautiful flank steak that I wanted to grill but needed a marinade that would stand up and make my family take notice. I found this recipe on All Recipes and just knew I needed to try it after reading the reviews. One woman said she wept with joy when she tasted the marinade on her steak, and then wept again on her last bite because she wanted more. The marinade has ingredients I love. I pulled this together in a large Ziploc bag, added the flank steak, zipped it up and left it in the fridge for eight hours. I grilled it up on the BBQ, let it rest for 10 minutes, sliced it thinly and served it with corn on the cob and fresh green beans. Delicious.

Steak Marinade
Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment