Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream - without a machine

Last night, my friend Tori made a no churn, machine-less ice cream for dessert. It was amazing. It had a texture similar to gelato, but tasted like ice cream. She made a version with Nutella (I know, right???) and toffee pieces...it was DELICIOUS!! Tonight, I wanted to try my own version, so I made a Cinnamon Bun ice cream. The idea is that it tastes like cinnamon rolls right out of the oven. And it does. Yummy. This recipe, and way of making ice cream, came from a blog called www.kevinandamanda.com. I'm so thrilled! I plan on buying an ice cream machine, but this recipe makes me re-think that plan a bit, or at least delay it. There are TONS of different options for this recipe...fresh fruit, candy, flavorings, etc.

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.

2. Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment