Monday, January 21, 2013

Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas Revisited



Remember these little guys? I haven't made them in a long time, primarily because most tortillas have some form of hydrogenated oil in them, unless you make your own, or are loaded with soybean oil, which, of course, Andy is allergic to. But I found some great whole wheat ones with flax seed (OMEGA 3s!!!) in them at Trader Joes, with no soy and no hydrogenated oils, so I've been remaking these little beauties over the last week.

They don't last long. My boys are addicted to them, and they are GREAT for school lunches, because they are good cold, or you can warm them up. I make 8 tortillas worth, which is actually 16 quesadillas, as I cut them in half once they are cooked. Each little triangle is around 170 calories a piece, and they are loaded with protein, fiber and very little fat. Good deal!

I highly recommend these! I slice them up with a piece cutter, put them in a container and store them in the fridge.

Click HERE for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment