Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday


I so love Fridays! I'm not sure if it is because it's the end of the work week, or the knowledge that I don't have to wake up early the next day, or more time to cook, or spending time with my family, but I always feel like celebrating Friday nights!

Tonight, I celebrated with a little homemade carrot cake. This is the same Alton Brown recipe I used previously, except I used 6 oz. of AP flour and 6 oz. of whole wheat flour, and rather than making a layer cake or a round, I made it in a 9X13" baking dish, so you can have smaller pieces and it will last a little longer (yeah, right...this is my husband's favorite cake).

A perfect way to end a Friday night!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am officially starting to cook again this week! Our meals have ended and I am ready to take on the kitchen again...this, after a VERY long 9 months! Now, I just have to go back and remember the one's I tagged in my mind. I need to make myself a pinterest board for you ;o)

    ReplyDelete