Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tomato Jam Update

A couple weeks ago, I posted about the tomato jam I made. Tonight, we made a pork tenderloin, simply seasoned with salt and pepper. I brought out the tomato jam to pair with it, eager to try it.

OH MY WORD! I have no words really - it was so amazingly rich, spicy, sweet and complex. Andy was tentative to try it out, so he just took a small amount. After one bite, he took huge scoops and piled it on the pork. By the next bite, he said, "This is the best use of a tomato ever!" It was really that good. If you've been toying with the idea of making a tomato jam, toy no more! Make it and try it on any meat!

The spice was perfect for me (not a big spice girl) - it had a lovely warming note down the back of your throat but wasn't so hot that it burned your taste buds and rendered everything else flavorless.

Try this one out guys! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment