Tuesday, March 20, 2012

German Pancake



My friend Tori shared her recipe for a German pancake that she often makes on Sunday afternoons for her family. It's similar to my post about the Swedish Pancake, but it's a little lighter on the milk, which gives it a denser texture. These oven pancakes are just delightful at any time, breakfast, lunch or dinner! I added some spices and orange zest to my version to give it a little more flavor. My boys gobbled it up and begged me to make it again, very soon! This can be topped with berries, powdered sugar, syrup, or even eaten plain.

German Pancake
Ingredients:
4 TBSP butter (I used only 3 tbs of butter and will probably use only 2 tbs next time, just to cut down on calories)
4 eggs
2 c milk
2 c flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla
Orange zest (optional)
Cinnamon (optional)
Cardamom (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in 9X13" glass baking dish. Place in oven to melt.

2. Put eggs in a blender. Beat on low speed. Add flour, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon and cardamom. Beat on low until smooth.

3. Pour into hot pan. Bake 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment