Monday, February 27, 2012

20 miles

This weekend did not allow the typical amount of cooking that I usually get to do because I was running 20 miles on Saturday. T-W-E-N-T-Y miles. Yes, it's as long as it sounds. The day was COLD and super windy, with winds up to 20mph that blew the entire run. It took me a bit longer than I wanted (I was shooting for 4 hours and landed at 4:22), but I chalk that up to the wind and my sudden desire at mile 18 to QUIT!!! Oh my goodness - if it wasn't for little Nathan cheering me on and reminding me that I could do it, and the knowledge that I would HATE myself if I stopped at 18, I would've been done right then and there. But I soldiered on and finished! Whew!

I run a 1/2 marathon (13.1) in two weeks, and then on March 24, I will run 23. A couple weeks after that, I will run 26, and will then let my body rest with short 7 milers for three weeks, and then MARATHON day will be here! I can't believe it's so close. It's freaking me out a bit. But in a good way. I'm looking forward to getting it over with, and yet, not.

My body is taking a bit longer to recover from this run than the previous long runs, so I'm trying to take it easy on my workouts until I have recovered properly. My early morning workout today was a bit of a wake-up call for my legs, but they managed to pull it out. Tomorrow, I will tackle 2-3 small miles and see how I do.

I hope to be cooking some new stuff this week, and tomorrow, my menu planning begins in EARNEST for my favorite upcoming holiday, St. Patrick's Day! More to come on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment