Monday, January 9, 2012

The Other Side of my Mind

The Other Side of my Mind

My mind slips and I along with it,
dreaming of you.
Snippets of the life I missed.
Memories created through the stories of others with my small scraps thrown in.
Hasty memories drawn on the canvas of my mind,
each stroke hesitant.
Not fully formed.
My thoughts go to you almost every day, even in the smallest of moments.
How my life would be different if you were there.
How your life would be different if you’d known me longer.
I know you see. I know you’re there.
But it’s not the familiar touch of life I was accustomed to,
nor the warm rumble of your laughter
that I can’t seem to remember.
It’s not your touch as we should’ve danced at my wedding.
It’s not the everyday minutes that others take for granted.
It’s the gentle breeze that blows across my face
culling moments, flashes, seconds lost in time.
It’s your painting in the sky that welcomes me to the morning.
Slipping back, I don’t want to go.
Fading, like my sanity.

2 comments: