Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Guacamole


I can't believe I've never posted about one of the favorite foods in the Larsen household. I wish I could say all four of us loved it, but Nathan has yet to appreciate the genius of avocados making pure music with the help of a few simple ingredients. Someday, I'm confident, he will indeed experience it and appreciate it! I had two small Haas avocados from our CSA box that were getting ready to go bad, so I needed to use them up. DARN! :) So, my dinner tonight consisted of guacamole and plantain chips. Yum. This is a simple recipe, but it's so very wonderful.

Guacamole
Ingredients:
2 small to medium Haas avocados (ripe)
1/4 cup finely diced onion (I prefer red onion, but yellow or white would do)
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and finely diced
Salt and pepper
1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
Cilantro (optional)

1. Open the avocados, take out the pit and spoon into a bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the onion and tomato and mix thoroughly.

2. Squeeze the lemon juice in the bowl, add the salt and pepper, and mix. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Add chopped cilantro to taste.

ENGULF!!!

**I keep a fairly clean kitchen, especially as I cook. I clean up knives, cutting boards, pots, pans, trash as I go, so when I'm done, I just have the dishes we ate on to deal with. But when guacamole is concerned, all of that can wait!


Clean up can WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment