Saturday, August 13, 2011

Easy Peasy Biscuits



I love biscuits. They are perfect little vehicles for all sorts of culinary delights: ham and cheese, homemade strawberry jam, roast beef and a little homemade mayo, eggs and bacon or sausage, or even pure and simple, with butter. I'm always on the lookout for a good, easy recipe for biscuits. Today, I found a recipe in my new Gooseberry Patch cookbook, 5 Ingredients or Less. These are Sour Cream Mini Biscuits and the recipe was given by Jeanne Barringer in Edgewater, FL. I don't have a mini muffin pan, so I made these babies full size, which is probably good because they are so moist and delicious, that they are very hard to stop eating, and the smaller the food, the more I seem to think I can eat.

One other note, I tend to keep several types of flour in my pantry, All Purpose, White Whole Wheat, Whole Wheat, and Self-Rising flour. You never know when a recipe will call for one or more of these types.

Sour Cream Mini Biscuits
Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 cups self-rising flour

THAT'S IT!

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Blend butter and sour cream together until fluffy; gradually mix in flour.

2. Drop by teaspoonfuls into greased mini muffin tins (or in regular muffin tins - and I use an ice cream scooper instead of a teaspoon to ensure all my biscuits are the same size.)

3. Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes. (Mine needed the full 12 minutes.) Makes 4 dozen mini muffins or 15 full-sized muffins, when a full size ice cream scoop is used.

This recipe is so easy, quick an absolutely yummy. They were also a bit hit with my kiddos, who gobbled them right up with a little homemade strawberry jam on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment