Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No time for cooking??


I have been absent lately and I know it - it actually eats at me when I sleep at night. I haven't been cooking a whole lot lately. Life is so funny how it just jumps up at you out of the blue. I was just telling my mom the other day how it is so quiet around here and nothing has really been going on...then BOOM! Everything starts going all at once!

School is winding down (HURRAH!) so that means end of year reports (Chief Joseph for Nathan, science experiments, math assignments galore, homework in every subject, etc.), track meets, Scrabble Club, parties, camp, sleepovers at the church and so much more and that's just the kids!

I ran my first 10K last Saturday at the gorgeous, but very hilly, Chambers Bay golf club (see picture). It turned out to be a stunningly beautiful day with the sun shining high in the sky and a slight breeze blowing, somewhere in the mid-60s! This is why I love the Pacific Northwest!! It was wonderful and for Saturday and Sunday, I felt great! By Monday afternoon, the soreness from running hills kicked in and I spent Monday and Tuesday trying to work the kinks out of the backs of my thighs! Finally, by this morning, they were gone! We're down to less than 6 weeks until the 1/2 marathon!!

There's a lot of changes going on at our church and with my family's ministry, Chapter 61 ministries (www.chapter61.com), and our primary initiative Truckers Against Trafficking (www.truckersagainsttrafficking.com). The boys and I are getting ready (once school is out) to trek down to OK for a week to be with my mom, my sisters and all their kids. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, but I will miss Andy, who won't be coming. :(

Andy's parents are coming to visit (yea!) and they will be in and out of our house over the next 2 weeks. Andy's been working some crazy hours at work and I've been working out like crazy (66 lbs lost now!!), and so the result is, I've just been not cooking as much as I would like.

This weekend, I'm home a bit more so I'm hoping to do a little cooking, but we'll see!

Farmer's market this weekend - can't wait to see what they have out this week!

1 comment:

  1. Love this!!! I like te hear about everything that is going on in your life! I was also wondering how the heck you were running so much, taking care of all your boys, AND cooking! It's good to know you are a human ;o) lol! Oklahoma sounds fun! My sisters and I are taking all of the kids to Colorado in a few weeks to visit my grandparents! My grandpa hasn't met Logan or Grant. We are leaving Joey behind for 10 days!!!! Eeek! Wish we lived closer so our men could hang out!!

    ReplyDelete