Friday, December 3, 2010

McCormick Crusting Blends


If you've been to the grocery store lately, you might have seen McCormick's newest offering, McCormick Crusting Blends. While I think they could've come up with a better name for the product, they still appealed to me and I picked up a jar of the Italian Herb and Cheese flavor to see how they might cook up. Earlier this week, I had two chicken breasts to cook for dinner and I remembered the jar in my pantry. Following the directions on the lid, I patted my chicken dry, rubbed them with a little olive oil and then poured some of the crusting blend on, coating each piece. I fired the oven up to 425 degrees and baked these two breasts for 20 minutes. Micah, Nathan and I gobbled them right up. The panko bread crumbs in the blend stayed crunchy and provided that lovely bite to the chicken. The herbs and spices lent great flavor without additional salt and pepper.

So if you've been thinking of trying these out, go for it!! They have two more flavors, French Onion, Pepper and Herb and Garlic, Lemon and Rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment