Saturday, October 9, 2010

Isn't she a beauty?





Ok, confession time. I have a major crush on Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware (www.lecreuset.com), but I can't afford it! Several years ago, I saved up all my points on my credit card (which I no longer have...going debt free baby), and got a gorgeous casserole, which my husband promptly dropped two years later and destroyed. I was bereft. Bereft, I tell you. Anyhow, I have desperately wanted a collection of their stuff, but the collection runs around $1000. Yikes! So, I was going to settle for a dutch oven, but even that is over $200. I just can't do it. So, I keep my eyes open for other good brands, which can run you around $80-120 for a good dutch oven.

I was so excited when I went into Fred Meyer the other night, while my kids were at Awana and Youth Group, and saw their Lodge Collection enameled cast iron cookware on sale! I got an $80 6 QT Dutch Oven for $49.99!!! That's an amazing price, folks! It's not Le Creuset, but she's sure gorgeous to me!! I can't wait to do some cooking with her. In fact, I have a brisket in my freezer, and though I normally slow cook that in the oven, I might have to break tradition and do a stove to oven method, just so I can use my new beauty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment