Saturday, March 13, 2010

Simple food


Sometimes, simple food is the very best. I love eating with my family and I thoroughly enjoy making meals for all of us, but the occasional day that leaves me to dinner on my own, can be a time for me to make simple, straightforward, but delicious meals.

Last night, I had that chance.

I had two cube steaks thawed in the refrigerator. I gave them a flour bath and seasoned them with salt and pepper and cooked them in olive oil and butter over the stove. I cooked up some rice (all out of brown, so I used white) and made a simple salad of butter and green leaf lettuces, with toasted pine nuts, and a handful of the most wonderful dried Bing cherries, topped off with a drizzle of homemade honey mustard dressing. A nice glass of unsweetened sun tea topped off the meal. It was fast, simple, and delightful.

Good food doesn't have to be fancy or complicated. I'm sure glad of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment